6.16.2009

foulweather friend

you have no idea.
-you in your little blue house
with a fence to keep the dog in
and the world out.

you might say you care.
-you with your tidy patterns
of growth and security
and love all around.

you think you know me.
-you whose problems are
weather and a sick uncle-
tough...

you've got the answers, now, don't you?
-you with the cut-and-dry,
pre-pressed, wrinkle-free
life.

you've got it all figured out.
-you problem-solver, you-
because it'll all turn out;
you just know it will.

you can relate -you've been there
-you who only know half the story,
and that only because you pester me
to be real- ha!

you will always be there
-you who showed up just in time
to point out my problems for me.
thank you, but I'll be over here.

you know God's in control
-you whose praises are for little things-
as I lay here with a pile of
unsorted big things.

you want me to be real with you.
-you and your comb-over friends-
yeah like I'm gonna let you know my trash
so the world can pray for my dirty soul

No comments:

Post a Comment