6.16.2009

Psalm 51, v2

Hide yourself, God.
I'm coming in...
I'm here to confess
My darkest sin

I've tried to wash
This guilty stain
But it spreads. Smears.
Consumes. Remains.

I avert my mind
But my sin pursues.
In tiring of the chase
I've landed with You.

Mercy me, Father!
From worlds above
Only One can purge;
I've known that love!

My king, my Answer,
For a time, my All,
Free me! Cleanse me!
Lest again I fall!

I've nothing to offer,
No sincere eulogies
Don't retract, oh Savior,
Your Spirit from me!

In one mighty breath
You could cast me away
Oh, Father, I plead
With your heart, let me stay!

I'm broken here,
My spirit in shards
And only You, my Master,
Can remold my heart

Most High, in your patience,
Carve away my shell.
Pry me wide open:
A gap only You can fill.

Fill it up, Wonder of Life!
-My ins, my outs-
Put an end to selfish,
Petty doubts.

For to You, Redeemer,
An offering avails small
When a man bears his spirit,
Unfolding his all!

A broken, bloody heart
Dragging its feet
With burdens so heavy-
Lord, you make it complete!

Here I stand, no, fall
At the glance of your eye
I tremble, I faint
As you lift my chin high

Get up. You whisper
As You die all my sins
You’ve bought them and killed them!
Done. I'm free again.

No comments:

Post a Comment